So be sure when you step. You step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Never too Old?

I try not to think about the fact that I am getting older every day....in my head, my perpetual 27-year old-self has not changed.  But then I catch myself dozing to sleep while watching the 10 p.m. news.  Or instinctively clicking on the Groupon for anti-aging treatment.  The worst was driving pass a crowded bar on St. Patricks day and asking, "Why are all these people drinking?  It's a Sunday!"  I hang my head in shame.

Even though I run faster at 31 years old than I did at 21 years old, I notice that I recover a lot slower.  This becomes glaringly apparent when I get sick.  First, I am not used to getting sick.  I don't think I got sick the entire time in college.  I may have claimed to be sick, but it was actually just a hangover that two Advil and a two hour nap would cure.  My last hangover was Halloween of 2011 - lets just say it took a lot more than a nap to recover from that.

Second, getting un-sick takes a ridiculous amount of rest and patience.  I find myself frustrated when I am not better after spending half a day on the couch.  This was the situation the past week.  I so badly wanted to run and bike and swim, but for two solid days I could barely open my eye lids.

I guess I just need to accept that I am getting old.  There are probably some unwritten rules about what is considered appropriate for each age bracket.  One would probably argue that sequined leggings should have been banned from my wardrobe since 1998.  But, when I saw these on the Clearance racks in Target, I just could not resist.  As my mom would say, age is nothing but a number!


4 comments:

  1. Botox is preventative. Don't be afraid to do it. I do it twice a year. You can get away with those leggings if you wear them the right way. Throw on a longer tunic style tank with half button up collared shit with a pair of sweet flats and you are ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you trying to imply that my pink sparkly shoes do not work??????? oh hmph :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are cute!

    I am not a girly girl, but I am excited to go shopping and buy cute clothes with my daughter when she is old enough.

    ReplyDelete