So be sure when you step. You step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pondering What to do Next

I looked up my past race results under my maiden name, and apparently in 2006, I did the Timex Olympic Triathlon in 2:35. I dont recall doing the race - something weird happens when you have kids, your entire memory gets wiped out - so I dont know what I did differently.

However, it sucks when you realize that you have gotten slower with time.

David and I can go to Flagstaff in July for another race - a chance for redemption. Plus, it would be nice to have a weekend away together.

But do I want to do this? Or do I want to stick to my original plan, of sticking to 5ks for the summer.

On one hand, I like to train and I like triathlons.
On the other hand, its going to be hot so its the perfect time to slow down. I have some running goals I hope to accomplish this winter so I will be pushing hard then.

The nice thing about slowing down is that it gives you a chance to stop in the middle of a run and smell the roses. Or, have a picnic lunch:
Photobucket

I am leaning towards taking it easy until fall. But then there is that little voice in my head that says, Do another race!

Slow is not bad. Hayden likes this very slow slide:

No comments:

Post a Comment