So be sure when you step. You step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Things I learned Today

Today I learned how to ride a bike.

I know that sounds silly considering I have been able to ride a bike for 25 years. But being able to ride a bike, and knowing how to ride a bike, are actually two different things. One thing about cycling that makes it different than running is that it involves a lot of technique. .

Originally, this frustrated me. But lately, I have been seeing it as opportunity. Being a novice cyclist gives me a lot of room to grow and improve - and that is exciting!

Today's lesson (with the very awesome Jeff Lockwood, and his world-record holding, world class triathlete wife, Jacquie, who I LOVE)covered turning, u-turns and riding in the wind. It was an important lesson because there is 6 u-turns in the course next weekend.

I never thought I would say that I had fun riding in the wind, but today it was very windy - and I had a lot of fun.

I also learned that if you go to the grocery store shortly after Mother's Day, they will give you as many Mother's Day balloons as you want. This means if you want 10 balloons, you can have 10 balloons!

I have never had a Mother's Day balloon, nonetheless 10 of them (and I am a sucker for anything that is free) so I was pretty excited.

However,
I quickly learned that it is very very hard to drive with 10 balloons in your car. Luckily, I live very close to the grocery store and I have awesome driving skills. OK, that last part is debatable.

Hayden:
Photobucket

And Brenna...well, she is somewhere behind there. If you look closely, you can see her thighs:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment