So be sure when you step. You step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.

Monday, April 9, 2012

The First Easter

Technically my kids have been alive for three Easters, however this was the first Easter that we actually celebrated.
I am using the word "celebrated" loosely because really we just participated in an Easter egg hunt.  And, to be honest, we were more lured by the free breakfast.

My mother appeared to be off put that we celebrating Easter and not Passover, but I haven't had been to a Seder in 15 years and it's not like she offered to host one.

Plus, lets be real:  What is more fun:
Looking for brightly colored eggs filled with sugar, or an over-sized cracker wrapped in a paper towel?

Photobucket

Although, my kids really do love crackers. And I do have fond memories searching for it.

I tried to explain to my mother that it doesn't have to be one or the other. In future years, we plan to do both. I don't think you can have too many fun traditions in life (or free food).

Despite being 30, this was my first Easter egg hunt as well. My rookie status was immediately apparent when our kids were the ONLY kids to show up sans Easter basket.
I had no idea you were supposed to supply your own.
But we found eggs anyway and I have big hands.
Photobucket

The real celebration came this morning when all Easter goodies went on sale at the drug store. I was disappointed with my haul after Valentines day - you have to arrive within the hour the store opens if you want the best stuff.

This is true dedication on Monday morning.
Photobucket

We scored big bags of pretzel M&Ms (undisputedly the best kind of M&M), mini-chocolate bunnies, a variety of substance-filled eggs, window decals, a singing/dancing chicken and other pointless future clutter toys. The kids were especially taken by these glasses that have flashing lights at the bottom:
Photobucket

Basically, we got $40 of junk for $20 so it was a good Easter indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment