So be sure when you step. You step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Running Errands, Part 3

Part 1
Part 2

I think this will be the last time I post about running errands because I think we approaching the end of the running era.  We have ran much longer than expected - we endured multiple 110-degree summers, half marathon training, speed work training and potty training.

There are a lot of times, if not most of the time, I am outnumbered by toddlers.  There are moments (like nap time) where it feels like a me vs them situation.  But not when we run.
When we run, we are a team.  A unbeatable trio.
It's been a blessing to share my passion with my kids.  And just like me, they seem born to run.
I think we have all appreciated the escape that running provided.  Sometimes you need to leave the house but you have no where to go - running was always the agreed upon solution.

And sometimes, you do have somewhere to go - and running was the best way to get there.

Yesterday the kids accompanied to the voting polls.
It was a short run - just a mere mile away - but it was an essential errand.

The kids were quite interested.  And all the old people where interested in them.
It's hard to see in this picture but we all have voting stickers.
Brenna wore her sticker all day.

After I voted, we had to rush home so that the kids could get ready for preschool.

The kids have been in preschool for 6 months now, but they just started the three-year old class.  This class meets every morning.  There is not much time between their wake-up time and the preschool drop-off time, and it takes quite a bit of time to get two toddlers ready.

Of course I plan on squeezing every last mile out of that stroller as possible - but as my kids embark on a new stage in their lives, I am releasing my grip on the handlebars and starting to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment