So be sure when you step. You step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Some running, and some lunch

Since my lovely husband accidentally broke the valve stem off my tire while pumping air in it this morning, I was forced to go to the bike shop for a new tube. I saw an interesting flier for an all-girls bike race (34 miles). That could be fun! I have never done a bike race before.

It is the same weekend as the Desert Duathalon. So I must ask myself - do I want an easy race? Or do I want a hard race? Tough choice!

Wednesday's training: 45 min on my bike (on trainer) / 45 min trail run

Thursday training: Speedwork!! This is a big deal because its the first time that I have attempted to run "fast" since my last race in October. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be:
2:30 "fast" w/ 90 sec recoveries x 2
2 min "fast" w/ 1 min recoveries x 2
90 sec "fast" w/ 45 sec recoveries x 2
1 min "fast" w/ 30 sec recoveries x 2
30 sec "fast" w/ 15 sec recoveries x 2
aaah, I do love speedwork! "Fast" paces ranged from 6:30-6:49. I also swam laps for 30 minutes a few hours later.

Twins: I dropped them off at the gym daycare while I swam my laps. I go to Lifetime Fitness and they have a wonderful daycare center. The kids love it. Lifetime also has a little cafe that serves salads, sandwiches, smoothies, etc. I decided it was time for me to do something that I have never done before: take the kids out to eat all by myself.

I really try to not let the fact that I have double the kids deprive us of normal experiences. Anything that a singleton mother can do, I can do as well. It may just take more work!






As you can see, I have somewhat figured out photos.

If you are wondering, they are eating a vegetable wrap..it was avocado, feta cheese, beans, sundried tomatoes, green vegetables and a corn salsa. It came with a spinach salad and fruit on the side. It is weird - if I served that meal at home they would have thrown it all on the floor. They will eat anything if it is prepared by someone else. I dont think my cooking is that bad!!

1 comment: