So be sure when you step. You step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I am going to have to make a decision

I am tempted to do this race:
http://www.desertclassicduathlon.com/

It is:
3.5 mile trail run
21 mile hilly bike ride
3 mile trail run

I love trail running so this race would be perfect for me but I worried about being slow. I dont have time to get fast again before the race so I would be doing it for fun, not to compete. But do I have fun racing if not to compete? This is what I am unsure about.

However, the race does sell out so I need to make a decision soon!

Training: Took a spin class (speedwork day) and did a short trail run.

Twins/Family: My husband passed his level 1 CFA exam. We have been anxiously waiting for these results since mid-December. Only 36% of test takers passed. He will now be taking level 2, which is only in four months. This means he will be studying 30 hours a week...so, it looks like I will be spending a lot of time with my twins! Lucky for me, they are as easy as 18-month year old twins could possibly be.

We separated the twins yesterday. I took Brenna to the grocery store because lean ground beef was on sale for $2.17. It was the only thing we needed so I thought it would be fun to let her toddle around the grocery store, holding my hand. We successfully made it to the meat department and I started to ponder how much meat I should buy. The meat was packaged in 4-5 pound increments. Should I buy one of the larger packages, or two of the smaller packages? I let go of Brenna's hand so that I could sort through the few packages that they had left and she toddled off. I quickly just grabbed the largest meat package and followed her. I allowed her to toddle freely through the wine section and into the produce section. I then saw some organic delicata squashes on sale for $1/pound. My favorite! I started to pile delicata squashes on top of my package of meat as Brenna made her way to the chip section and started taking all the bags off the shelf. I quickly rushed to her, dropping a few of my beloved squashes. I grabbed her hand and she obediently followed me to the checkout.

It was fun but we will continue to use the cart for all future outings.

No comments:

Post a Comment