So be sure when you step. You step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Big Kid Beds

We moved into our current house when I was 31 weeks pregnant and on bedrest. Because of this, I never had the opportunity to create a nursery. So all this time the kids have been sleeping in relatively boring bedrooms.

Finally, 20 months into it, I finally decorated their rooms.

Yes, their rooms do include "big kid beds" but no, they do not sleep in them. They just jump on them.

Brenna loves her new room! I am a little worried that I overdid it with the pink. I am such a sucker for anything pink or princess-themed. I seriously have no control, which is why she owns 10 pairs of pink sandals. I see something pink and I just NEED to buy it. Hopefully Brenna does not mind that I am projecting my love of all things pink on to her.
Photobucket

Hayden's room is more gender neutral and as you can see, he is neutral about it as well.
Photobucket
But really, a slide and ballpit in his bedroom? He should be thrilled!


So, after the excitement from our big win, I looked at my calendar to realize that my triathlon was just weeks away. I enthusiastically went to the pool.

I swam my normal 20 minutes/1000 yards and all of a sudden it hit me for the first time: the olympic swim is 1500 meters. Folks, do you know how long it has been since I have swam that far?? And in open water, no less?

So now I am forced into doing a swim race next weekend so I can get some experience, assuming they can balance out the PH balance of the lake.

I hope that the PH balance is not fixed by May so that they just cancel the swim (like they did for a race a few weeks ago).

Swimming is lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment