So be sure when you step. You step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The good:

Friday's workout: 23 miles @ 20.5 mph! I was by myself so no cheating drafting.

Saturday's workout: 13 miles w/ 4.5 miles of intense hills. Avg 8:20 pace and it felt really comfortable.


The bad:

Sunday's workout: A failed attempt at a bike ride. It was windy and I felt like no matter how hard I worked, I couldnt get any speed. I was unable to keep up with my partner and felt like such a failure. I figured it was the wind that was making the ride so difficult so I forced myself to keep going. Finally, 75 minutes and 20 pathetic miles later, I gave up. I get off my bike and it is even hard to push. Could I be THAT tired?

I called my husband who pointed out that my front gear needed to be adjusted - It was rubbing against the tire! So not only did I ride 20 miles in wind, I did it while riding my break.

This mean no long bike ride for the week, unfortunately.


The ugly:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yes, that says 4.3 pounds.
We go through 4.3 pounds of dirty diapers per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment