So be sure when you step. You step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Ending the Baby Phase...very slowly

As much as I want my kids to stay babies forever, I realize that they are embarking on the next stage of their life. With pre-school looming just months away, my "babies" barely qualify as babies. However, there are few things that keep us lingering in this stage.

One of those would be self-feeding.
Oh, my kids know how to feed themselves...as if they are wild animals. Ideally, I think a non-baby should be able to understand the concept of biting and chewing. And even moreso, be able use a utensil.

We gave this a shot with a little 4oz container of yogurt. They grasped the idea immediately and with excitement, each placed their little plastic Gerber spoon into the yogurt. And then they put the spoon in their mouth:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'll give them credit here for accomplishing step 1 and step 3 but they never quite understood step 2: you must scoop the yogurt onto the spoon and then not turn the spoon upside down.

Since step 2 was never quite mastered, this is what we were doing nearly 45 minutes later:
Photobucket

After the longest, yet smallest, breakfast ever, we moved on to our potties.

Another thing that separates a baby from a non-baby are diapers. As long as I am changing 4.3 pounds of diapers a day, then they are still babies.

They sat on their potties and stared at each other.
And then Hayden screamed:
Photobucket

And then Brenna screamed louder:
Photobucket

And that went for a quite awhile.

And then they sat
Photobucket

and sat
Photobucket

and sat.
and sat.

So, at this pace, I think I will have babies for awhile longer, which is fine with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment