So be sure when you step. You step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Speedwork and Spa day!!!!!!

Training: My third and final speedwork day before my race. Although in some ways, it was really my first speedwork of the season since I ditched the fartlek style getting-back-into-it method and busted out some intervals.
oh, how I missed thee intervals...I love speedwork.

800 x 8 , with .15 recoveries - 3:24 / 3:19 / 3:17 / 3:14 / 3:19 / 3:20 / 3:19 / 3:18

Considering my planned workout was onl 800x4, and considering two weeks ago I struggled to run a sub-7 pace for more than a few minutes, this is a prime example of why I love running: you get out what you put in. If you do the speedwork and you do the tempo runs, you will run faster.

It's not so simple when it comes to biking and swimming - there is skill and technique involved. This frustrates me...I dont want to practice bike handling. I dont want to do swimming drills. I mean, I will - because I also dont want to suck - but I just love how anyone can run and how it makes sense. Tying a shoe is so much easier than changing a tire (which, btw, makes me cry).


Twins: This morning we all wore matching wife beaters. It was definitely worthy of a picture...it is getting harder and harder to get the twins to take a picture with me. They dont want to stand still, they dont want to look into the camera and they certainly dont want to smile while being forced to do all this:
Photobucket

This was the best picture I could get. You can tell they dont want to be posing with me:
Photobucket

The reason Brenna was wearing a wife beater instead of her usual feminine outfit was so that she could wear a new jacket...I got it at Kid2Kid for $1. It's awesome, I wish it fit me!
Photobucket

My dad came over to babysit during the afternoon so that my mother and I could go to the spa. We got a manicure (my first) and protein treatment for our hair. We also each got a hair cut, which is a pretty big deal since NEITHER of us have had a hair cut for THREE PLUS years. It's actually kind of embarrassing.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I love my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment