In some cases, it's black and white...for example, you need to food. But you probably dont need the sea bass for $10/pound.
However, I think sometimes it subjective because even though we dont necessarily need things for survival, we may need them for life satisfaction and happiness. I wont die if I dont own a good kitchen knife, but I will drive myself crazy trying to dice onions every night if I dont have one.
Using that same thought pattern, I have come to a conclusion.
I need a new bike.
I had to take my jogging stroller tire to the bike shop (again) and while I was there I learned:
1) my bike is too big for me
2) my bike is heavy and clunky compared to all these other awesome bikes
3) I have been biking this entire time on a man seat. How am I supposed to get comfortable riding long rides on a seat meant for BALLS????
I then road my bike (22 miles @ 18.7 mph) and it was chattering a lot. And my gears were sticking. It was as if my bike was begging me to get rid of it.
I realize I presented the idea of a new bike to some of you (*cough*mom/dad*cough*) and I suggested that I needed a $5,000 bike. I stand corrected - I WANT a $5,000 bike. The bike I need costs only $1,500.
It is beautiful.
1) it fits me
2) it is made of carbon-fiber like all the other awesome bikes
3) it has a high-performance FEMALE seat
OK, so perhaps this blog entry is propaganda geared to certain people but just consider it an investment. I will accept partial contributions as a belated birthday present *COUGH*
When I told Brenna about the new bike, her facial expression said it all: